The Celebrity Post Online or our related companies ("we" or "us") may gather the following types of information about users including you ("you"):
- personal information provided by you when you interact with us, such as when you use or purchase our products or services, when you subscribe or register to use our products or services, and when you provide us with your feedback or respond to surveys you are asked to participate in;
- aggregated information generated by our systems or third party systems we use, which track traffic to and from our sites but does not relate to you personally; and
- other information that does not personally identify you.
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in certain products or services not being available to you.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose:
- all information that we gather, including your personal information, to our related companies;
- aggregated tracking information and other information that does not personally identify you, to third parties such as our advertisers;
- your personal information to third parties when we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law;
- your personal information to other third parties provided we have your prior authorisation, which we will usually obtain at the time of collecting the information from you.
We may use the personal information we collect:
- for verification of your identity and assisting you in case you forget your password or login details where these are necessary to access any of our products or services;
- for authorising and processing credit card transactions which you enter into online;
- to assist in providing the products and services requested by you;
- to provide information to you about other websites, products and services, which we consider may be of interest to you;
- for future marketing, promotional and publicity purposes, including carrying out direct marketing, market research and surveys;
- for ensuring that you are shown the advertising and information that is most relevant to you and your interests; and
- for any other uses that you authorise.
Content Providers, Advertisers and Partners
We do not control the practices of content providers, partners and advertisers connected with our sites and to whom you provide personal information whilst using one of our sites or services. Our sites contain links to other sites, which may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
Cookies, Clear GIFS and Tracking
We may collect non-personal information about the computer, mobile telephone, smartphone or other device that you use to access our products or services. Where you allow our mobile services and products to deliver content based on your location (by enabling this feature on your mobile device) we may collect location data. This information is used only for the automated delivery of relevant content to you and for no other purpose.
We may use a cookie file containing information that can identify the computer you are working from. The cookie file is anonymous as it only gives us details of your IP address, PC platform (Windows, NT or Mac), Browser (e.g. Microsoft, Netscape or other, plus the version of Browser) and domain. We may use the information generated by "cookies" to:
- track traffic patterns to and from our sites such as the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and referring pages (pages you came from or go to);
- ensure advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person and limit the frequency of display for certain ad formats; and
- enable you to use certain services as a member without having to log on each time and to visit member-restricted areas of the site.
Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. Clear gifs may ping or alert an advertiser's server about the online movements of Web users. For instance, advertisers may place a clear gif allowing them to recognise an existing cookie on your browser if from the same service. The main difference between cookies and clear gifs is that clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller. We do not have access to any information collected by these clear gifs nor additional information they may be tied to by the advertiser.
Privacy Statement for the Use of Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to help us to understand how you make use of our content and work out how we can make things better. These cookies follow your progress through our website, collecting anonymous data on where you have come from, which pages you visit, and how long you spend on the site. This data is then stored by Google in order to create reports. These cookies do not store your personal data.
The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website, including your IP address, may be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google may use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for us and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Third Party Ad Servers
Some of our advertisers use third party companies to serve advertisements when you visit our websites. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites, including information gathered by cookies, in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We do not control the practices of these companies and they may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
We use Google AdSense, a service for including advertisements from Google Inc. ("Google"). Google AdSense uses "cookies", text files that are stored on your computer and allows you to analyze the use of the site. Google AdSense uses so-called web beacons (invisible images). Through this web beacons, information such as the visitor traffic will be evaluated on these pages.
The information generated by cookies and web beacons on this website (including your IP address) and delivery of advertising formats to a Google server in the U.S. and stored there. This information can be passed on from Google to contractors of Google. Google is your IP address but not combined with other data you have stored.
On our side of the plug-ins are integrated social network Facebook, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. The Facebook plugin you can see on the Facebook logo or the "Like" button ("Like") on our side. An overview of the Facebook plugin can be found here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
If you do not wish that Facebook can assign to visit our site to your Facebook account, you log out from your Facebook account.
Collection and dissemination of information:
The Google +1 button, you can publish information worldwide. +1 on the Google button, you will receive personalized content and other users of Google and our partners. Google will store both the information that you have given for a content +1, as well as information on the page that you viewed when you click +1. Your can +1 as evidence along with your name and profile photo on Google services, such as in search results or in your Google profile, or elsewhere on web sites and ads are displayed on the Internet.
Google records information about your activities +1 to improve Google's services for you and others. To use the Google +1 button, you will need a globally visible, public Google profile, at least for the chosen profile name must contain. This name is used in all Google services. In some cases, this name can also substitute any other name that you used to share and makes using your Google account. The identity of your Google profile can be shown to users who know your e-mail address or other identifying information you have.
Using the information collected:
Addition to the above uses the information you provide will be used in accordance with the applicable Google privacy policies. Google may release summary statistics on the activities of the user or +1 transmits them to users and partners, such as publishers, advertisers or linked sites.
On our side of the service functions are integrated Twitter. These functions are offered by Twitter, Inc., 795 Folsom St., Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA. Through the use of Twitter and the "Re-Tweet" the web pages you visit are associated with your Twitter account and if other users known. This data is also sent to Twitter.
We point out that we as providers of the sites no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data and use them through Twitter. For more information, please see the privacy statement on Twitter http://twitter.com/privacy.
Your privacy settings on Twitter, you can in the account settings http://twitter.com/account/settings change.
Opting in and Opting Out
- opt out and not receive certain services or participate in certain interactive areas; or
- opt in, for example agreeing to be contacted by us in relation to certain matters such as notification of new features to this website, receiving newsletters or promotional activities.
Changes to Policy
Updated: 22 August, 2011